Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Day 4: California Adventure Day #2


Our second day at California Adventure, we bee-lined for Carsland and got right in line for Radiator Springs Racers. The standby queue for the ride is very cool. We loved the walls with the oil bottles in them. :)




RSR is such an amazing ride. It’s very similar to Test Track at Epcot, but the theming is so so cool. Especially for us, since we are huge Cars fans J We really felt like we were driving through radiator springs. 






Disney did a hell of a job on this attraction and all of Carsland. Huge kudos from the Haefner family! I’m really not kidding when I say Carsland made the entire trip worthwhile.


After that we headed into Paradise Pier. Right from the entrance it’s gorgeous. That huge Mickey Ferris wheel! We went on Toy Story Midway Mania first, which, aside from the outdoor queue, was exactly like the one in Hollywood Studios. We then did California Screamin', that cool-looking coaster. I was not a huge fan, but my daughter and husband liked it. We then rode the SunWheel. And we chose to be daring and ride the swinging inner cars. BIG MISTAKE. Oh my. Thank God it only went around one time once the thing was full. It was definitely not tummy friendly. 


That smile was totally fake.
We rode some of the smaller rides on the boardwalk and had lunch at Paradise Garden Grill and it was very tasty! As we exited the area we rode Ariel's Undersea Adventure, and it was just like the new attraction at the Magic Kingdom :)

We killed time until the Aladdin show started. I had heard such great things about it. And it did not disappoint! GREAT show!!!



After that we ended up back in Carsland. Just could't stay away! But we caught some street entertainment. VERY cool!


We kinda spent the rest of the afternoon wasting time and doing little things. We were waiting around for one of the things I was most looking forward to!! World of Color!! We got a Fastpass, as we'd been instructed to do before going, and found a pretty decent spot. Everyone sat on the ground and we had a pretty good view of the water. Until about 5 minutes before the show and the cast members made everyone stand. Long gone was our decent view. And when the show started, people put their kids up on their shoulders, so the tiny bit I could see was now blocked and my kids could't see either. My husband managed to lift them a little, but kept them as low as he could so we would't be blocking other people's view by lifting them high. (We're considerate like that.) I was so upset and seriously on the verge of tears. I had waited MONTHS to see this show and I hardly saw any of it. At one point I sat down. I couldn't see anyway and my back was killing me. This was an extremely disappointing end to our California Adventure experience. 

But I managed some really cool pics of Paradise Pier at night.




Next up- our second day at Disneyland :)

No comments:

Post a Comment