Thursday, October 19, 2017

Need a break? I got ya covered!

A Disney World vacation is magical and amazing and exciting...but it is also tiring. I won't even try and tell you it's not.

Many people will take a break midday and go back to the resort for a nap and/or swim. That's a good idea, but sometimes not. There is travel time to consider, plus the time you spend there. It takes a big chunk out of your day.

I have another idea! You can rest and relax, right inside the parks!

I know what you're thinking. Stephanie has lost her mind. How can anyone relax in a busy theme park?

Disney World is great at creating spaces all throughout the parks where families can find a little peace and quiet. It sounds too-good-to-be-true, but it's not. Some of my favorite moments during a Disney vacation are when I sit (usually with a snack or beverage) and just people watch and listen to the sounds around me. The music and laughter. Smiles everywhere. There are benches and other seating everywhere, some more quiet than others. So definitely take advantage!

Here are a couple of my favorite spots for resting while in the parks.

Side streets off Main Street at the Magic Kingdom. My last trip, I bought some cake pops at the Main Street Confectionary and found a little wrought iron table and sat for a while.

The gardens in the Hub at the Magic Kingdom. These are relatively new, and are so so pretty. You'd think the Hub would be very busy, and it is, but the gardens are pretty relaxing.

The fruit bat exhibit on the Maharajah Jungle Trek in Animal Kingdom. I could watch those cute little guys all day.

World Showcase pavilions in Epcot. TONS of great places to sit and relax. I love to feel like I've been transported somewhere else. The sights and smells, the music.

There are TONS of great attractions that are peaceful and gentle...the perfect place to relax for a bit!

it's a small world (Magic Kingdom)
Carousel of Progress (Magic Kingdom)
Walt Disney Railroad (Magic Kingdom)
Tomorrowland Transit Authority (Magic Kingdom)
Spaceship Earth (Epcot)
Living with the Land (Epcot)
The America Adventure (Epcot)
Beauty and the Beast Live (Hollywood Studios)
Voyage of the Little Mermaid (Hollywood Studios)
Finding Nemo: The Musical (Animal Kingdom)
Wildlife Express Train and Rafiki's Planet Watch (Animal Kingdom)

And if you have little ones, there is a Baby Care center in each park, giving guests a quiet place to change a diaper, feed or nurse baby, or just to get out of the heat and sit for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment